Subject: Spotlight questions
I would love to have you consider being an upcoming spotlight "victim" for the website. Below are the questions I will turn into an interview (like you see on the website Spotlight page and links) or if you wish to just send a statement like Cris (S#1) did, I will just cut and paste what you email me. However you wish to respond is fine! Answers can be as short or long as you wish - questions are pretty easy - Consider them a guideline.... If you don't want to elaborate - don't. If you don't want to comment on one of the questions, don't. I don't want anyone uncomfortable or feeling like they are being singled out. Well, I guess you are - in a good way! If you have a photo you especially like, I can use that with your spotlight page :-) just email it to me. class photos? award photo? your dog? its all good :-) I generally don't put your last name unless you request it.. just an initial...I will include as much or as little as you are comfortable with. If you don't feel like you can do this - no worries - just let me know so I can move forward to the next "victim" :-)
"Questions"/ guidelines for your Spotlight Interview:
Hint - don't worry about sentence structure, etc, just answer like you are talking to me in person. I'll do the rest!
1) Where are you from / raised? Anything about your childhood or growing up that you would like to share - maybe that helped form your hobbies or activities to this day?
2) How long have you lived in "your city"? Is there anything particular about "your area" you'd like to comment on - what you like about it? How you ended up living there?
If retired, what did you work as… served military? …..anything you feel comfortable with people knowing...
3) What is your experience in line dancing? Other kinds of dancing? How dancing has influenced you in other ways or in life? How many years have you been dancing? Years teaching? Awards? Perhaps a cute or interesting story...???
4) Comments or thoughts on your class now? i.e. as a teacher, student, whatever your situation is.
5) What kind of expectations do you have for the near future? i.e.: class, life, "your city" vacations, workshops, dinner.. Ha!
6) Any random last thoughts or comment(s)?
No worries - whatever you write will be fine! I will then turn it into an interview - like as if we are talking back and forth. I will write it up as a rough draft for you to look over and adjust as you see fit. Fix any errors, add anything you later think of. Then I will post it! There will be no surprises - you will have the last say over what I post. I give my word to all that agree to do an interview. Thats the right thing to do!
Don't forget to email me a photo or two or three???